Re: Debian Net Install - how to start expert mode / 2.6 Kernel from SRM

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 11:30:39PM -0000, Matt Simis wrote:
> Wondering how exactly one starts expert mode and or pass the "linux26"
> command (Kernel 2.6) for the Alpha Net Installer. I need to do this as I
> want to boot from a IDE drive but install on a SATA drive on a DP264 (SRM)

There are no 2.6 kernels available for the current version of
debian-installer.

For expert mode, you would need to manually add DEBCONF_PRIORITY=low to your
boot parameters (i.e., you cannot use "-fl 0" for booting in this case).

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer