Re: Debian on a Alphaserver 1200

Hello there!

It was indeed the trouble with using a RW instead of a R disk. Strange though that the install docs mention that for a netinstall one would best use a RW disk..... But now the next problem, the install doesn't 'see' any harddrives..... :(

Greetings, Angelo

Jaakko Linnosaari wrote:

 Angelo Machils wrote:

> Hello!
>

> The one thing I know is that the drive is working, because the NT
> group (mentioned
>
> earlier) already installed NT 4 on it, before I got hold of it.
>

> Greetings, Angelo
>

> Jaakko Linnosaari wrote:
>
>> Angelo Machils wrote:
>>
>>> Is it a problem that it is a RW disc????
>>

>> It can be. Some old cd-drives can't read rw-disks very well. Also
>> your cd-drive can just be broken.

 Hi!

 Ok. Just to be sure, I'd burn the install cd on a cd-r. I've had my
 own share of trouble trying to get old cd-drives to read cd-rw (or
 even cd-r, but that was 1x-drive...). Network boot might be an
 option, too.

 I hope you'll get it to work. My experience is only with some AS255
 and PWS433au machines.

 Cheers,

 Jaska