Re: Missing Library for X

    JS> I've got an S3 Trio64 (I think) in my SX164... it works
    JS> flawlessly in 8bpp mode (the display is a little unstable in
    JS> 16bpp, don't know why).  Overall linux-alpha users seem to
    JS> have good luck with S3 video... for better performance, the
    JS> Matrox Millenium boards are popular too.

  The Trio64s have a shockingly low video bandwidth, I'm told. Running
any kind of decent resolution with them is apparently something of a
challenge - I've only had the chance to play with one, and it fuzzed
at anything above 800x600x8, so I'm happy to believe the explanation
:) Matrox boards are thoroughly wonderful.

m.