https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=sid&arch=any&searchon=names&keywords=libamdocl64

In theory, you should just install the libamdocl64 package and it will work, but I suspect that it hasn't finished packaging due to priority put on libamdhip64.

Cory, if someone does tackle it, I can help provide feedback if need be. In Fedora, I made a rocclr source package with opencl and hip as binary subpackages. It might be easier to add a opencl subpackage to the hip source package, since they share sources (hip should be a superset)

On February 13, 2024 2:28:21 a.m. EST, Cordell Bloor <cgmb@slerp.xyz> wrote:

Hi Gard,

On 2024-02-12 12:43, Gard Spreemann wrote:
Is it possible to be granted (temporary) access to this hardware for the
purpose of writing tests?

The hardware is all hosted in private residences at the moment. I've arranged more suitable hosting for shared access at the University of Calgary and the University of Oregon, but we're still working out the logistics. I expect there will be proper remote access to AMD GPU servers available for Debian contributors by the end of April.

With that said, Jonathan Carter did set up a machine for folks to use remotely just over a year ago [1]. I'm not sure anyone ever took him up on his offer to provide SSH access to folks wanting to experiment with AMD GPUs. It might be worth asking if that offer is still open.

Finally: Are the OpenCL components of ROCm actually in Debian yet? I had
a very supeficial go at writing a test using an AWS instance, but it
seemed I could only find the GPU exposed as a Clover platform. It was my
understanding that this has been deprecated?

I must admit that I know very little about the various OpenCL implementations that exist, including the implementation associated with ROCm. Jeremy Newton might know more, although he may be busy with personal matters right now.

Sincerely, Cory Bloor

[1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-ai/2022/11/msg00021.html