Re: Request for review of release-notes item: GTK4 apps are not accessible with screen reader

On 7/5/23 15:00, Paul Gevers wrote:
In bug 1034248 [1] against the release notes it has been brought up that
GNOME isn't as accessible as it was before (I recall it already wasn't
great and a11y prefer MATE already). Can you please review and comment
on the proposed text below?

Should there be an acknowledgment that GNOME and GTK developers are working on it?

I'm running Arch Linux, which just received GNOME 44.1. GNOME Control Center has definitely undergone accessibility-related improvements compared with GNOME 43.

I suppose the realistic options for Debian users will be to choose an alternative desktop environment, or (especially as time passes) to evaluate whether the version of GNOME in testing/unstable meets their screen reader access needs.