Re: debian installer accessibility for arm64

Hi Samuel, Frank and all,

sorry, had no time to work on this during the last days…

> Am 15.02.2023 um 00:21 schrieb Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org>:
> I have uploaded a test image, could you give it a try from:
>
> https://people.debian.org/~sthibault/mini.iso

Booting the ISO and start installation with speech support does work with this image.

However, during the installation process a error message that some kernel modules are missing in the kernel, that was downloaded from the mirror, came up. I was able to continue the installation till the disk partitioning dialog, then it crashed with an error or at least I was not able to proceed.

One other big problem is again the not working caps lock key. AFAIK all key shortcuts to read out the screen in the speech based installer do need this key to navigate through the screen. So maybe I might have been able to proceed with the installation if I were able to read what message the partitioning tool disblayed or if I had know how to go back to the step before and try it again, but I did not how to do that because I do not know what keyboard shortcuts to use :-(.

In general speech seems to work and this is very good news. Maybe the kernel module error message can be fixed or this message does not come up when the changes to the speech based installer has been integrated into the official installation ISO.

If I can do more tests, also with a newer ISO, or if you need more details, just let me know.

Ciao and thanks for all your support!

  Schoepp