bug 864320: multiple critical problems booting

Control: tags -1 a11y

Hi gofloss,

> Dear Maintainer,
>
> below i describe multiple bugs in booting in jessie, which
> might be relevant to stretch.
>
> most are grave or critical.  many are accessibility-related.

I appreciate the time you took to file this bug. Although you already
made a note about it, I believe because you put so many issues into one
bug report, it was too overwhelming for everybody that looked at your
bug to do the proper cloning and reassigning. I acknowledge that you got
frustrated, but the tone of your report was not very friendly in the
end, which may have contribution to the lack of response.

Unfortunately you reported the issue against the pseudo package base,
which doesn't get much attention. Because most of your issues were
upgrade issues, I suggest for next time to use release-notes or
upgrade-reports as the package to file your report to. Also, for future
reference, adding the accessibility list in CC may help. I am doing that
now, and add your original report as an attachment so that interested
people can comment. If any of you can identify packages to assign one of
the issues to, please clone and reassign. I'll clone/reassign issue 4,
the initramfs issue, shortly.

I am tagging this report for accessibility (a11y).

The accessibility Wiki has some answers to you questions already:
https://wiki.debian.org/accessibility e.g. on you grub magnification
issue. Maybe we can improve the Wiki with answers to issues you encountered.

Paul