Re: [d-i] language selection bad for non English speakers

Samuel Henrique, le sam. 02 mars 2019 12:17:51 +0000, a ecrit:
> > The paging feature was requested so that one can review the
> > choices with the speakup reviewing facilities, but it seems
> > that for now it brings more harm than good,
>

> I don't think I understand the motivation behind the pagination, I don't get
> what "can review the
> choices with the speakup reviewing facilities" exactly means and its benefit.

The speakup screen reader allows to read around in the screen. Instead
of waiting for the whole screen to be spoken, you can quickly look
through line by line, not waiting for the whole line to be spoken before
starting hearing the next line.

> Thank you for that, I will forward that to the person who reported it.
> Is there something that we can fix it on stable?

After testing in Buster, yes.

> > The upstream report is
> > [1]https://github.com/espeak-ng/espeak-ng/issues/150 , it would probably be
> > useful to hint there that we'd like that to be fixed.
>
> Since the original bug report (linked on the github issue) has almost 5 years
> now, I don't have hopes that it will be fixed soon.

Indeed.

Samuel