Re: Shells, Mplayer and Security

"Veli-Pekka Tatila" <vtatila@mail.student.oulu.fi> writes:

>> ~$ sudo apt-get
> What does sudo stand for?

SuperUser Do

It is a program designed to allow non-root users to run
commands as the root user.  It can be used to selectively give one non-root
access to certain system management commands.

>> zsh is particularly nice with tabcomplation, cause you walk through
>> the options not see them on screen
> Umm, I'm not sure if I'm reading you right. Which way it is if there
> are multiple choices will it:
> a) do it the Microsoft style and only complete one filename or option
> without showing the rest or
> b) show all of the other possible options on the screen as well
> I often find A easier, at least when reviewing the console from a GUI
> screen reader in Windows.

Actually, zsh is configurable to do whatever you prefer.
The method described above is called "Cycling completion" and it works like
this: Whenever you try to complete at a point where multiple choices
are possible, the first choice is inserted, and if you hit tab again, it
is replaced by the second poissible choice and so on.

--
CYa,
  Mario