Installing with new Installer-Image

Hello,

i want to try helping improve the new Debian/m68k netinstall that
John Paul Adrian Glaubitz just released.

Small introduction of myself and my setup:

-Stefan Niestegge, LinuxMint user, only basic linux skills.
	i can install from a live CD/DVD, use apt-get and edit
	config files, but only with nano, not vi.
	native language german, so if you want to give private hints,
	use german if you like

-Falcon with ct63, 128GB SSD, DVD drive, Network and
	USB card (EtherNAT). The GFX card (SuperVidel) is not yet
	supported by Debian but compatible to stock Falcon Videl gfx.
	14MB ST RAM and 512MB TT RAM
	broken RS232 port

	Once had debian installed but lost that with a HD fail. Now only
	using NEW drives, never old stuff again.

Here is my actual experience:

Today i downloaded the image from the new download location at
https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/

Running bootstra.tos from the /install/tools/atari/ results in
a kernel not found message, since Atari TOS only has 8.3 filenames.

So i copied the content of the /install folder to my HD. Its now
in C:/linux/

Then i modified the bootargs file to

-s -d -k ..\..\kernels\vmlinuz-.0-1 -r ..\..\cdrom\initrd.gz
root=/dev/ram video=atafb:vga16 console=tty load_ramdisk=1 fb=false

Now kernel is found and unpacked but then the Falcon reboots.

Ataboot.prg unpacks the kernel, unpacks the initrd and complains about
"6815744 file | out of memory for ramdisk image" and lets me return to
TOS desktop.

So i reboot the Falcon and hold ctrl pressed, to prevent the Falcon from

Still no change.

Looked at the bootargs and removed -s (load kernel to ST RAM) flag.
I had that removed on my old linux install, which speed up things a lot.

Now i can successfully use bootstra.tos to unpack and boot the kernel:
Linux kernel starts up, and after a while, the Debian-installer starts.

- ataboot.prg will complain about out of mem and not boot linux, anyway.
- holding CTRL at boot still is mandatory, too
- using compressed or uncompressed kernel image makes no difference

As i read on other thread, D-I fails to detect my IDE-connected DVD ROM
drive due to missing PATA module.

See my video: https://youtu.be/BAXbQpGCuDY

kind regards,
Stefan