Re: dmasound-atari

Hi Adrian,

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 11:52 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> On 01/31/2015 11:47 AM, Stefan Niestegge wrote:
>> The module-assistant however, lets me know it can't get the
>> kernel header/kernel sources for my 3.19.-dirty kernel.
>>
>> Do i need to use a release kernel for that purpose?
>
> Well, you either need the headers or the sources for the kernel you are
> using installed under /usr/src. If you I remember correctly, you were
> using a custom-built kernel and not one of the Debian kernels.

Yep. That was mine.

> So, you need to get the source tree that was used to compile your
> particular kernel and put it under /usr/src.

As I have updated to newer v3.19-rcs in the mean time, I think the safest
is to clone my kernel tree, and build an atari_defconfig kernel.
Don't forget to enable CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNTS, as that's still disabled
in that defconfig, and your system needed that (I let defconfig updates trickle
through merging Linus' tree to have less merge conflicts).

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds