Re: Modernizing a Macintosh LC III

On 11/16/2013 5:28 PM, Finn Thain wrote:
<snip>

I would also check what happens if you first boot MacOS with extensions
off (so that the MacOS NIC driver doesn't load).

Also, I'm curious to know whether the Penguin settings for the serial
ports affect the failure mode (you don't want Penguin to initialise them).

You might also try disconnecting any serial devices.

Finn

I've had no luck tweaking any of the Penguin options. I already had serial ports disabled and also tried with extensions off. No luck.

I also compiled my own kernel using the .config off the ftp and get the same hang. I just did a "make", I'm not sure if there's a custom line that needs done or anything.

Scott