Re: xorg crashing

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 01:13:57AM +1000, Finn Thain wrote:
> On Sun, 6 May 2007, ljmoore@wightman.ca wrote:
> > On Sun, 6 May 2007, ljmoore@wightman.ca wrote:
> > > This returned to bash with an error message.
> > > enclosed find xorg.conf and the log
>
> I've put up those files here (I assume attachments don't make it to the
> list)...
>
>   http://www.telegraphics.com.au/~fthain/ljmoore/
>
> > Signal 11 is a segmentation fault. This is the same crash that showed up
> > in your earlier mail, but in that log there was no mention of DPMS at all,
> > which makes me think I'm barking up the wrong tree. I don't want to waste
> > your time with more guesses, so I think you'd better ask the mailing list
> > why xorg would crash and what to do about it. I can't be of much help
> > until I set up etch and xorg myself, and I don't really want to attempt
> > that while I still have driver bugs to fix...

It will most likely reduce your performance, but you might try disabling
the shadow feature, which appears to be where it crashed. Add the folowing
to your "Device" section just after 'Driver "fbdev"':

Option "ShadowFB" "false"

One other thing I noticed is that you have "macintosh_old" setup as your
keyboard type, but I don't think that is correct. If you get it running
and your keyboard produces the wrong characters, try "macintosh" instead.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com