First package build on aranym+distcc+NFS

Hello Debian 68k porters,

I have successfully build the pari package on aranym in 1 hour 51 minutes,
(debuild -b -B build), using distcc+crosscc+NFS.

The log is available here:
<http://people.debian.org/~ballombe/misc/pari_2.3.1-2_m68k.build.nfs>
This was fully successful this time.

(hobbes take 8 hours 17 minutes including the time to install/remove
the build-dependencies).

My setup:
1) Same hardware as previously (Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz, 32bit mode)
2) custom aranym build from Debian source with flags --enable-fullmmu
--enable-lilo --disable-realstop --enable-addressing=direct
--enable-cxx-exceptions
3) /tmp is a tmpfs
4) build directory is NFS mounted from the host.
5) use of distcc+crosscc from the host.
6) host has 1Gb of RAM, aranym is set up with 256Mb of FastRAM

Comments:
1) --disable-realstop fix a problem with distcc not waking up aranym
when completing.

2) the log2() warning in the previous attempt was caused by an outdated
gcc on the target system, probably caused by a network outage when doing
the upgrade.

3) the warning "dpkg-genchanges: warning: package pari-doc in control
file but not in files list" is actually a devscripts bug.

4) --enable-cxx-exceptions seems to make aranym really faster (or maybe
it is the gentoo effect:))

5) --enable-addressing=direct is required for more than 112Mb.

Now if we want to go this route, we probably need to setup a system such
that gcc-cross is automatically rebuild and uploaded
to a repository each time a new gcc package is uploaded.
I can provide the repository for the time being.

Since my setup is working well now, I offer to attempt to build others
packages you would like to try out.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>