Re: d-i testing w/mac

Forwarded with permission.

----- Forwarded message from Meelis Roos <mroos@linux.ee> -----

From: Meelis Roos <mroos@linux.ee>
To: Stephen R Marenka <stephen@marenka.net>
Subject: Re: d-i testing w/mac

SRM> I welcome testing with both kernels, especially of the daily images.
SRM> Right now, 2.6.x doesn't work with most macs.

Yes. Tested 20060218 images on a Quadra 800 with 80M RAM and 1 SCSI disk
on internal controller. 2.2 worked fine - well, I left it installing
base packages. Tried 2.6.15 3 times and got different oops every time.
First I did not capture but it was in some mac-specific interrupt
function. Second and third I captured:
http://www.cs.ut.ee/~mroos/mac-crash-1.jpg
http://www.cs.ut.ee/~mroos/mac-crash-2.jpg
http://www.cs.ut.ee/~mroos/mac-crash-3.jpg