Installing on a PB190

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install Debian on a PowerBook 190, but I got stuck as follows:

- booting with kernel 2.2.25-20030905, the root.bin ramdisk gets mounted OK
and the installer program starts, but the keyboard doesn't work;

- booting with kernel 2.4.1-20010311 and the same ramdisk, I get to the
message that reads
        VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem)
and then everything stops, but the keyboard works. (I've tried all the
root.bin images I could find in <debian>/stable, but they all stop at the
same point.)

- booting with kernel 2.4.1 and the root.bin.serial.gz ramdisk gets me to
an installer, but the latter claims that no hard drive is present on the
system at all (maybe it cannot find the internal IDE disk, but the kernel
seems to support the IDE bus -- at startup it says "Macintosh PowerBook
Baboon IDE interface").

Any suggestions? What am I missing? And last, but not least: my PB has a
Dayna Communicard PCMCIA ethernet adapter, is there any hope that it be
supported under linux/m68k?

Thanks in advance

Damiano Giorgi