Re: lapack errors

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 03:04:50PM -0500, Camm Maguire wrote:
> Greetings!  Would the 68k community like me to build lapack on crest
> using gcc-snapshot in an effort to eliminate the current testing
> failures, or is this not a wise use of resources? (load is 3 on this
> box).

You should ask this on m68k-build@nocrew.org, as documented on
www.d.o/ports/m68k/

Nevertheless, if you're convinced that lapack would build if it ever
would reach the head of the wanna-build queue, it's not advisable to do
so. OTOH, if there are some issues with building lapack on m68k which
you'd need to debug, feel free to try out whatever you need on crest;
that's what it's for.

> BTW, I assume its still the case that Linux 68k doesn't run on NeXT
> black hardware?  I actually have one of these.

Nope. Someone did start some kernel hacking on NeXT black hardware back
in the 2.0 days, but the support was never finished. So unless you're a
kernel hacker with too much time on your hands, it's unlikely you'll get
that box to do something useful.

--
Wouter Verhelst
"Stop breathing down my neck." "My breathing is merely a simulation."