Re: Debian folder missing

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 02:48:55PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello Christian,
>

> Am 15:44 2003-04-10 -0400 hat Christian T. Steigies geschrieben:
>
> >for sure is that the boot-floppies work very well on my Quadra840AV. I
> >installed MacOS 7.5.3 from scratch, copied the install files to the
> >harddisk, and got woody running with no problems. The installer booted with
> >the original 32MB, and it still works after I replaced that by 128MB. Maybe
> >you have a special quadra version, maybe finnish is not supported by linux
> >;-)
> >
> >Christian
>
> sorry for the OT posting, but you have installed 7.5.3 from scratch...
> ;-)
>
> My I have a macintosh IIvx with OS7.1.? which is broken and I have
> no net, so I have downloaded 7.5.3 in a Internet-Cafe from the apple
> site and now I have the 17 files on my fileserver at home.
>
> I have read, that the first file is only a diskimage of 1.44 MByte
> and the other 16 are Diskimages of 1.2 MByte wich must be written
> simpel to Floppy-Disks.
>
> So my quetion before I do the job for nothing:
>
> Can I use 'dd' to write the Disk-Images to 17 Floppy-Disks of 1.44 MB ?

I just tried that with a Disk Tools.img, and no it doesn't work.

If you had a real floppy, you could dd it to a file then dd would
work to copy it to another floppy.

Is your 7.1 system so broken it won't boot even with the shift
key held down? You don't need any extensions to use Disk Copy.

If it is broken, I could send you a 7.1 Disk Tools dd image which you
could use dd to burn. Then you could boot with that and make copies of
the other floppies.

--
http://Www.TruthAboutWar.org

Chris Tillman