Simple m68k on 660av question

I managed to install debian potato on my 660av (on about the
16th :-) ) and managed to have it not have the built-in ethernet
configured.  (I think I was confused by the prompt asking
me if I wanted to connect to the net via PPP...)

So... what is the device/driver name so I can start checking to
make sure I can use ifconfig, route, etc to configure the box
to talk with the rest of my boxes at home?

The ifconfig man page seems to indicate that eth0 is the 'first'
ethernet device -- however this is not in /dev.  If this
is correct how to I go about asking the OS to configure/load
the driver so ifconfig (etc) can configure it.

Thanks in advance!