Re: Floppy mount error

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 03:36:41PM -0700, William Crowshaw wrote:
> Wow.  No Floppy Driver?  I'm shocked.  But I also have
> no idea how difficult it would be to write a driver.
>
> Must decline the opportunity to write my own.  My C's
> rusty and I'd probably have to learn assembly (yikes).

It's not a trivial task, but at least Apple finally
released the hardware documentation. There just isn't
enough interest to put in the effort required.

>  Guess I'll use netatalk until I get my SE/30 an
> ethernet card. I'm assuming there is an ethernet card
> driver. Right?

Most ethernet cards work, but I had some trouble
with my SE/30 ethernet card. I didn't try very hard,
either. The ethernet drivers seem to get the most
effort anyway, so it's likely to be a good chance.
You won't be able to use netatalk without ethernet,
tho. Localtalk wiring isn't supported at all.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com