Re: Level of displaying sponsorship

> I am very torn on this. I _hate_ speeches

So do I, dinner speeches that is, and most of them. But I am not
advocating a speech. I am advocating a very short address to the
crowd to open the dinner. 10 sentences. Whatever. 2 minutes.

> > * having a sponsor opening the cheese&wine party with a few words (after an
> >   opening by christian)
>
> Picking up madduck's €10k: What amounts and types of wine and
> cheese are we expecting to serve, even if we offer sponsorship for
> half of? Especially given that we must not re-use wine & cheese on
> other days.

The 10k are for the conf dinner and the assumption is a price of €30
for 350 people — which won't get us a fancy dinner, I am afraid, and
no alcohol.

About C&W: that's 2,50/person, so 1000 € with 250 people attending.
This does *not* mean we sell it to the sponsor for € 1000. We could
ask for € 2000, you know…

> Also, sponsoring every single even may feel a bit like selling
> out.

every single what?

> > * Incorporating a hardware infrastructure sponsors name into the
> > wifi ESSID
>
> Again, very torn. I could ask my Cisco and CCC contacts if they
> have any gear to spare. FWIW, Cisco employees are sponsoring lab
> gear & time for FOSDEM with management's approval.

Sure, if we can get it without giving anything in return, even
better. But if we can get it in such a way that we can get it again
next year and we get good gear and ample supplies of it, then it's
a small price to pay, isn't it?

> > * Having sponsored lottery prices every morning
>
> For what? What type of exposure?

Users. If e.g. Google gives out Nexus, they get buzz at the
conference.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf14: Portland, OR, USA:   http://debconf14.debconf.org