Re: DebConf23 budget proposal

Hi Abhijith and all

(Including TOs for approval reference)

On 2022/11/28 07:55, Abhijith PA wrote:

>       USD -218,321.86    sponsors
>        USD -18,806.19      bronze
>        USD -50,149.85      gold
>        USD -60,179.82      platinum
>        USD -80,239.76      silver
>         USD -8,946.23      supporter
> --------------------
>                     0
>
> Expenses are positive, income is negative. ATM we believe we can cover
> all expenses from the income (registrations and sponsorships). Thus no
> profit/loss for Debian TOs.

This looks like a complete DebConf budget, I'm going ahead and approving it, on the following conditions:

1. Please appoint a treasurer for the DebConf

Last time it was Stefano Rivera, who was great, if he's willing again, that would be perfect. Otherwise it has to be a DD who has some DebConf experience and who's at least willing to learn how to use ledger (which isn't hard).

2. Adjust the budget as new information becomes available

Please send at least one updated budget a few weeks before DebConf starts so that it can be finalized before DebConf starts. If there are any material changes to the budget during DebConf, then please update that ASAP and post and update shortly after DebConf so that it doesn't negatively affect any payments that need to be made.

Also, don't feel compelled to limit DebConf spending to the income for the DebConf. If more funds are needed for e.g. events or bursaries, then please include that in a future request to the DPL.

Thanks to everyone for their work on this,

-Jonathan