Re: [Debconf-team] Revision of DebConf CoC

shirish शिरीष:
> The draft is somewhat long, could it be shortened otherwise people
> will sign it just as they sign any terms of service (i.e. blindly) .

I must concur that the code of conduct is too long and has many
repetitions in it.

.. we could base our efforts on work done by other folks that did a
great job. and then maybe reintegrate some elements that were added to
the DebConf CoC remash.

One example is the Tails CoC. It's based on the Django CoC
 https://tails.boum.org/contribute/working_together/code_of_conduct/

This lists a bunch of CoCs and their differences. It could be a good
tool to fetch elements we want from others:
http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Code_of_conduct

Also a resource for this :
https://adainitiative.org/2014/02/18/howto-design-a-code-of-conduct-for-your-community/