Re: [Debconf-team] DC15 - Prices and deals for non-sponsored attendees

also sprach Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> [2015-01-17 17:37 +0100]:
> For the conference fees, in the past years we've charged:
> DC14: Professional: 200 USD, Corporate: 500 USD
> DC13: Professional: 200 CHF, Corporate: 500 CHF
>
> Given that this is ON TOP of the price, I don't think going for the
> same number in EUR is a good idea, i.e. I think asking Professionals
> to pay a total of EUR 500 is going to deter people from paying the
> fee...

Just to make it a little harder: DC13/DC14 also was *on top* and as
of today, 1 CHF == 1 EUR, so we'd actually be doing the same thing
as DC13 again. Furthermore, it is not unlikely that in August, 1 EUR
will be closer to 1 USD than now, given that the ECB is about to
follow US suit on "quantitative easing". The EUR is about to undergo
massive devaluation. Sell now.

All in all: I'd say 200/500 is fine, even in EUR, especially since
accomodation (which includes food) is very cheap at the hostel.

All your ideas sound great, Marga. Thanks for bringing this up. I am
sure I don't need to chime in for us to find names for the
categories or decide which stickers to give ;)

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org
      DebConf16: Cape Town or Montreal? https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16