Re: [Debconf-team] Sponsored lanyards, a proposal

On 25.11.2014 11:05, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@debian.org> [2014-11-25 09:33 +0100]:
>> The amount of money needed to have the logo printed.
>> We are selling the space in lanyards for nothing.
>
> Not true. We are trying to figure out what the right price will be.

Note: the question was the perceived differences from the T-shirt logos.

>> I'm pushing to have again the Debian lanyards, like the old one
>> which we reused many time, for many conferences and other events.
>
> Will you be in charge of the logistics?

Having the new team structure, maybe we can do better with logistic.
Note: lanyards use a lot less space that the other DC stuffs that we store.
And we have also a Debian team for such promotional materials.

> How do you assure that we
> can print matching lanyards in the future, when we don't have enough
> for the next conference?

How do we managed for the past Debian lanyards? Note: a huge batch still
cost less than the shipping cost we have yearly for the T-shirts.

>> Lower cost, big impacts for Debian and attendees. With DC15
>> proposal, for really nothing we have throw away lanyards.
>
> People collect them.

yes, but in my experience: I saw many Debian lanyards reused in other
conferences/events. Never seen such reuse for event specific (and
sponsored) lanyards.

What local-team things about lanyards? DebConf specific? How they value
having (or not) additional sponsors?
And global team?  Should we postpone/give up with the new Debian lanyard
batch?

ciao
	cate