Re: [Debconf-team] Introduction for newcomers talk?

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 03:15:29PM +0200, Ana Guerrero Lopez wrote:
> Our reject message was meant to have the submitter coordinating with
> the team to avoid duplicating topics. We rejected the talk for the main
> schedule but we expected this to be schedule as ad-hoc.
> I don't understand why the submitter waited one month to discuss this since
> the reject messages were sent.

Well, the difficulty with scheduling this "ad hoc" is that this is an event
where the target participants are by definition not going to be in a
position to organize themselves in advance.  I think it's perfectly fine to
not have it on the main talk track, but then maybe this would be good to
have as an "elsewhere" event on the schedule?