Re: [Debconf-team] Mechelen accomodation (was: DC15: mechelen bid on the wiki page)

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 02:05:19PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> A few question on accomodation with my dc-team hat on (instead of
> the dc15.de hat):
>
> You write that the hostel has 120 beds and that we'd be paying
> around 20 € per person. Does this include breakfast?

Yes.

As said, this is the regular price from their website; the full details
are on http://www.jeugdherbergen.be/en/rates-mechelen. They have also
told us that they regularly provide a price reduction of up to 10% for
non-profit organisations; while we have not yet received a formal offer
of this kind, I do think it should be possible for us to get this
arranged.

> If we assume 350 attendants, then this means that 230 will have to
> be put into hotels at 55 or 100 €/Person (incl. breakfast).

Correct.

> I assume these are the official, single-booking prices of the hotel.
> Have you had indications about bed prices when you book 230 beds at
> once?

These prices have already been negotiated down from the original price
(which was around €70 - €80 for the cheapest of the three hotels). Note
that they have agreed on a single price for the three hotels.

> And a suggestion for the day trip: it should be possible to organise
> a guided tour of the EU headquarters, not for everyone, but for
> large groups, and those tours are usually very cheap (as every EU
> citizen has a right to such a tour at no cost at any time!).

That's not a bad idea.

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/