Re: [Debconf-team] Proposal for sponsorship levels (and registration fees) for DC14

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 09:28:02PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> We would have a new "variable", a new "benefit" and our sponsor
> levels would not be almost entirely about in which place the logo
> gets placed.

> Also: if there are going to be drink cups again (which depends
> largely on how catering is organised), then you can offer the
> platinum sponsors to have their logo on their!

> Also, we have name badges. Logos can go there too! Maybe we should
> have a 50k sponsorship level with logos on drink cups and/or name
> badges and make Google and HP really compete ;)

No.  The sponsorship team does not need to go promising our sponsors that
they will get their logos on everything.  That makes more work for the team,
with no real impact on our ability to raise sponsorship funds.

It's appropriate to promise sponsors that their logos will be prominently
displayed in *some* reasonable place, in accordance with their level of
contribution.  We don't need to be plastering logos on every damn surface
and increase our production costs, not to mention increasing the number of
things we need to keep track of that we've promised our sponsors, and that
we can fail to deliver on.

Logos on shirts.  Logos on the websites.  Logos on the bags if we do them.
Anything else is just making more work for no gain.