Re: [Debconf-team] reports from Le Camp "BSP", part 6: trust + seeing is believing

I'd like to add one thing. All the discussion and concern regarding
budgets has had some positive effects, and am personally very grateful
those people who raised concerns did so. As a result, I believe
everyone is now aware that budget and fundraising will be VERY
important this coming cycle, and will need to get more people involved
in fundraising, and inspire sponsors to give more (and the
sponsors-team to ask for a little more, and reach out to more
potential sponsors).

For example, I am now working on the sponsors-team again after a 2
year hiatus. I'm also seeing other long term sponsors-team members
jumping back in.

That all said, I think it's time to buckle down and focus, and
minimize discord and acrimony. As such we should focus our efforts on
having the best DebConf we can at Le Camp, and work extra hard to make
sure we have enough money to pay for a *great* debconf. (Of course
contingency plans are fine, but at this point in the cycle I think
extra efforts should be on fundraising).

Thanks,
Brian