Re: [Debconf-team] money stuff

Hi Richard,

thanks (once again) for tracking money so well and reminding us, to do the
same. Much appreciated!

(Even though sometimes we (or myself) didnt convey this appreciation well, due
to bad timing which you cannot foreseen when writing things up off-site.)

On Sonntag, 1. Juli 2012, Richard Darst wrote:
> First off, the budget should be public.

it is :) there is no secret budget whatsoever.

> We should have had it
> discussed at meetings and agreed as reasonable.

yes, we should. but we dont live in an ideal world.

> Then, these things
> can be dealt with reasonably fast.  It would hopefully have small flex
> for other stuff.
>
> Then, actual money disbursements can be handled by those people that
> actually control bank authorizations (which is different for each of
> the accounts).

we will discuss these workflows today. we will have a money meeting. (i
think+propose heryby.)

> I would propose when budget-estitmate is updated, it be sent to -team,
> and, combined with all the other info, we agree that it is reasonable
> and approved.  (Note that a lot of these things are already approved).

I agree, except that debconf-team cannot approve money. We can agree we should
spend the money, yes. (And those formally approving should listen to team,
yes.)

More $details to be resolved in this money meeting.

I also have plans for creating MoneyFlow, LegalEntity and FoodTicketSystem
manual pages in the wiki. Help welcome.

cheers,
	Holger