Re: [Debconf-team] Minutes: Meeting with government representative 240412

2012/4/25 Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org>

Wow. A *very* thorough and impressive list. Lets see how it all goes -
But it looks very good. I guess this would make the government
(National? INJUVE? ..?) a golden/platinum sponsor..?

We haven't even started talking of what they want in return, but I guess they want more than a logo on a website, maybe some high-level government official talking at the opening ceremony like in Bosnia?

The list includes several things which I would not request (i.e. the
VIP lounge), but that will surely not hurt to have :)

The VIP lounge would be very nice indeed. :)

> * Day Trip: They can arrange a tour package with the Nicaraguan Institute
> of Tourism (INTUR) for the day trip and a welcome pack for the attendees.

This is just great! :D

> * Tax exemption: Meeting with the General Revenue Service (DGI) for a tax
> exemption letter for DebConf12 (15% sales tax and 2% hotel tax).

I remember you had talked about this as a possibility. Did you take it
into account already for the budget? If not, we are somewhat less poor!

Looking at the estimated budget, taxes are included, so we can save at least $13-15K with the current budget.

We revisited some hotels today and have new prices, so in addition, the budget will probably go down $2-3K. I will update the budget tomorrow.

> * DebConf tags: We'll send them the design and they will print them for us

It would even be better if they were able to lend us a color laser
printer - as we will surely need to print all sorts of signs

I think their idea is to print the tags for us (minus atendee name & photo) and we add it later.

> * Other: Erick will give us some contacts for:
>
>     * Potential sponsors
>     * Food catering
>     * T-shirts and printing

That's great, hope it comes to concretion!

> * Transportation: Buses for airport shuttle during DebConf and for the Day
> Trip
>
> == Proposed buses and schedule ==
>
>     * 1 wheelchair accessible bus (July 1-15)
>     * 1 bus, July 7th. (08:00-20:00)
>     * 1 bus, July 8th. (08:00-20:00)
>     * 4 buses, July 11th. (whole day)
>     * 1 bus, July 14th. (16:00-19:00)
>     * 1 bus, July 15th. (07:00-13:00)

As I said on IRC, coordinating airport bus schedules can be
problematic and stressful. If we get it, very great :) If we don't, I
would not sweat about it.

I agree. But the wheelchair accessible bus should be a priority for us, IMHO, as we promised an accesible DebConf in Bosnia.