Re: [Debconf-team] Special sponsorship

Hi!

* Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> [110722 16:39]:

> I think this is an invented problem.  There is no reason not to take Debian
> contributors at their word when they say they "need" a certain amount of
> travel assistance to attend DebConf.  If we aren't willing to trust Debian
> contributors to answer such a question honestly, we're doing it wrong.

I'm sorry to say it, but no.  This year for example someone from a
country with good traffic infrastructure said his travel would cost
three times the amount as other contributors from the very same
country under very similar circumstances.  Sad but true, the requested
amount doesn't always seems reasonable.

Best Regards,
  Alexander