Re: [Debconf-team] Special sponsorship

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 10:05:29AM +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:

> We all know that Clint is quite active, and it wasn't an easy decision
> for us, too.  In the sponsorship form we don't ask for much information,
> but Clint didn't provided even the minimum of information needed to make
> the decision. Having handled him special because of the work he has done

The debconf-team attempted to give me sponsorship, and never filled
out any question.  I think I could have left the field blank, and
gotten money.  I now wish I had done this just to prove a point.  My
point here is: saying money is given based only on one field isn't
completely true.

Furthermore, I have said I have had any sort of financial need.  In
fact, I (think I have) at some times stated that I have no financial
need so should not get any money.

Briefly browsing reasons, it seems there are other people who got
money who do not explain their need, including some people from
developed countries.  I would be interested in doing a more complete
investigation of all of the reasons and fraction of people who
answered each part.

Another interesting test would be to compare to past years, see what
kind of criteria were applied then.  Given that there aren't announced
changes this year, someone could expect the type of answers they gave
in past years will still work this year.

- Richard