Re: [Debconf-team] TALKS: advocating broader relevance

micah anderson dijo [Fri, May 28, 2010 at 03:25:31PM -0400]:
> > Your e-mail referred a couple times to a "FLOSS track", but i think
> > there is no current FLOSS track, according to [0].  Do you mean the
> > Community Outreach track?  Or do you mean more broadly talks that are
> > more about FLOSS than debian? Or is someone proposing a FLOSS track that
> > i don't know about?
>
> My mistake. The FLOSS track was mentioned at the talks meeting, and
> although it was even clarified that such a track did not exist, I
> managed to fail to stick the clarification in my brain. I meant both the
> Community Outreach track, but also more broadly talks that are more
> FLOSS than Debian specific. To be clear, I wasn't proposing a FLOSS
> track, although I wouldn't be opposed to one either.

FWIW, maybe my previous message left this quite ambivalent: I am all
for a FLOSS track or whatever we want to name it - a track about our
ideological upstreams, of the social interactions and analysis
(i.e. last year's Gaudenz's talk would fit in there, even if it's not
from our upstream POV, but an interesting community analysis)

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244