Re: [Debconf-team] sponsorship levels

Holger Levsen dijo [Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 09:41:22AM +0100]:
> > You are right: We currently rate them. However, there might be some
> > logic behind it.
>
> There "might" be logic behind it? I seriously hope this a language issue...

The uncertainty principle at its best ;-) No, I did mean it as fuzzy
as it sounded.

> > > 4. If we dont have sponsor classes, my (poorly doing) freelancing
> > > business is thinking of sponsoring debconf too, to get on the t-shirt. I
> > > think it's riduculous to get on the t-shirt for any sum.
> > Well, that's a good thing!
>
> So you really think anybody who gives more than 0.01 euro should be on the
> t-shirt?
>
> I seriously ask, where we draw the line. Is it at 0.01 euro (or GBP)?

I'm not sure. I tend to be sometimes too subjective, and I have
sympathies for the effort regardless of the objective measures. Your
freelancing business' promised EUR2000 might be more of an effort to
you than whatever HP is giving means to them ;-) (Of course, I won't
rate H01gersoft over HP, but still). For a LUG, for a group of
volunteers getting some equipment and working towards us, I feel more
flexible than towards a big company asking us to show them even if
they just gave EUR2000.

> And so we order sponsors on the webpage, even if we havent told them.
> I hope we dont scare sponsors away by doing so. Nobody wants to be on the
> bottom of the list...  (*)
>
> (*) this would indeed be an advantage of levels: within levels, we dont order
> them.

Humh... So we blur all of the logos together at every category, so
they are not rated? Sorry, we _will_ order inside a level. Ok, the
fine ordering will be probably alphabetical or determined by our
designer, but it will exist.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23