Re: [Debconf-team] Re: Infrastructure Meeting minutes

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006, Achilleas Kotsis wrote:
> Gunnar Wolf wrote:
>
> >     I just found this one - A window-installed unit, according to
> >     this. It weighs 0.5 tons, and the price is 1694 pesos +taxes
> >     (15%):
> >     Net weight: 26 Kg
>
> So it does not weight 0.5 tons (500Kg), just 26Kg. Or maybe a ton in
> Mexico is something else :)

In the US, cooling capacity is given in the cooling you get from a ton
of ice melting in one 24 hour period; one ton is about 12000 BTU, or
~3.5kW for those not stuck in non-SI lands.

Don Armstrong

--
Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy.
 -- Robert Heinlein _Time Enough For Love_ p251