Re: petition draft

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 09:13:16AM +0200, Jesus Climent wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 02:47:21AM +0100, Amaya wrote:
> > Jesus Climent wrote:
> > > Some companies involved in the development of Debian GNU/Linux and
> > > Debian GNU/BSD are helping the organisation of this year's event, by
> >
> > GNU/Hurd?
>
> I wanted to mentioned working/usable kernels... }:)

yes, hurd seems less relevant right now and would confuse
perhaps.

> > > providing support for food and housing. Enterprises like Nokia, HP,
> >
> > Companies?
>
> Companies? Enterprises? Same, right? but i can, of course, change it.

enterprises are a tad bigger then companies. Nokia and HP are
enterprises, Movia is a company, only.

> I'd also welcome correction on the style and the way I address the situation.

i think that represntation is good. i would perhaps stress that
we are short of money and could not really afford to pay for
those rooms. a phrase i use in my mails to companies is:

=====
Because the Debian Project doesn't engage in commercial
activities, it depends on donations from well-wishers.  A modest
amount of sponsorship by NetApp would not only help Debian
immensely but would reap huge dividends in terms of goodwill in
the Linux community at large.
=====

feel free to cherry-pick!

well, we would need more then a "modest amount" from HUT for the
rooms. but then it does not really hurt them that badly since
they can hide it in their running costs.