Re: DC18 - Currency

On 07/17/2018 06:09 PM, Peter van Summeren wrote:
> I could use my MasterCard with atm's. You have to go to the ones used by the public.
> I also took cash with me for emergency.
> For Taiwan there is another brand of Visa.

What kind of brand should that be? VISA should be VISA, there
is no difference. There can be some merchants though that limit
the acceptance of VISA cards to a certain country. I made this
experience in Japan, for example, when buying from Yahoo Japan
which accepts Japanese VISA cards only.

> This kind of card is used by americans.

Pretty sure that's the standard VISA card.

> Ask your bank at home.
> (My Visa card did not work at all banks)

That might be because these banks did not support VISA at all.
I have been to banks in Japan which would take cards from their
own customers only, but I just got cash from 7-11's ATMs.

> Expect no help from the counter.
Just find an ATM with the VISA logo.

Adrian

--