[Debconf-discuss] RCBC - results and prizes (was: RCBC - Release Critical Bug squashing {Contest, of the Conf})

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 09:34:43 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> 	     RCBC - Release Critical Bug squashing Contest
> 	     <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/RCBC>
>

> 	squash RC bugs for 2 weeks, from July 25th to August 7th
> 		   help the release of Debian Squeeze
> 		     earn fame and glory (for sure)
> 	     win a GuruPlug and other geeky gadgets (maybe)

That was the start of the announcement zack sent out almost 2 weeks
ago.

Now we can present the results of the contest. In summary: It was a
huge success, we managed to fix
* 139 RC bugs in testing/unstable
* 79 RC bugs in stable

And the winners are:
* Stable:
  Gerfried Fuchs (77 bugs)
* Testing/unstable:
  Moritz Mühlenhoff 32 bugs
  Nico Golde 17 bugs
  Alexander Reichle-Schmehl 16 bugs
  ... and many others!

All details can be found at http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/RCBC

Prizes:
* Stable contest: package of books
* Testing/unstable:
  1st prize: a guruplug
  2nd and 3rd prize: an HP netbook
  4th - 9th prize: 2 books
  10th ff. prize: 1 book

For those of you who haven't collected their prizes at the closing
ceremony, please
- either quickly nominate some trustworthy person to take the prize
  with them and tell them to meet micah
- send an email with your snail mail address to micah@debian.org, and
  he will ship the prizes to you
(I'm bcc'ing the winners, sorry for the noise if your read the list
and/or have already picked up books and I forgot about it :))

Finally let me thank
- our donors of the prizes
- all participants who hugely improved Debian in the last two weeks

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    BOFH excuse #410:  Electrical conduits in machine room are melting.