Re: don't bring your APs to HEL

On 6/29/05, Holger Levsen <debian@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> or at least, absolutly do not connect them to the network at HUT!
>
> We'll have wireless network (secured by wpa so prepare yourself if you aren't
> allready - more instructions to come) in the all relevant buildings (dorms,
> smökki (hacklab) and CSD (computer science department, where the talks will
> be held)).

The best solution would be to have an open and separate wired network
with DHCP running on it and then just plug in a bunch of AP running in
bridge mode. It would be preferable to have real IPs in the network
and to have all the network (both wired and wireless) to be in one
subnet with also a Debian mirror server in the same subnet.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org