Re: Doesn't wodim close disk ?

"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > mkisofs ... |cdrecord ... no option -multi ...
> > dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/sr0
> >  Mounted Media:         1Bh, DVD+R
> >  Disc status:           appendable
>
> Looks like this program does not close DVD+R
> regardless whether -multi is present or not.

I am not sure about the features of growisofa but the information from the OP
prove that cdrecord did close the disk.

This fact could be verified with a cdrecord -minfo run.

The fact that wodim did probable ruin ~ 400 disks from the OP should be
a warning not to use wodim!

Wodim claims to support DVD writing but it doesn't.

Cdrecord on the other side supports DVD writing since February 1998,
this is nearly 10 years now.

Jörg

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)