Re: Excluding paths with mkisofs

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 08:56:56PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> I thought people should know the find(1) program...so it should be obvious to
> call
>
> 	mkisofs -o some-file -find . ! -path 'pattern'

You'd be amazed at how poorly understood find is.  I've been doing Unix
stuff for over 15 years now, and I still have to re-read the documentation
every time someone asks how to use find -prune.  (! -path will still
descend into every subdirectory, even the ones that will be thrown away;
-prune causes find to skip over subdirectories entirely, saving a lot
of time.  But it's hard to use because of awkward syntax and a lack of
useful examples in the man pages -- in particular, the GNU man pages.)

    find . -path 'pattern' -prune -o -print